Monday, August 1, 2011

Balsamic Raspberry Vinaigrette

If you are like me when it comes to salads - they get boring fast. We need to put a little extra pizzazz into them to actually enjoy eating like a rabbit, err – ‘scuse me, I mean caveman/woman. I was inspired yesterday at the grocery store when I found a bottle of raspberry infused balsamic vinegar. It would be perfect in a fresh vinaigrette!  For the salad I threw together a melody of lettuce, tomatoes, aged gouda cheese (from a local farm), walnuts, black pepper, and sea salt.


Here is how I made it:
  • 1/3 cup Raspberry Infused Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together with a whisk until combined and pour over your salad right before you serve. It was a perfect combination of sweet and sour – so fresh and delicious for summer! This vinaigrette is perfect for the Paleo/Primal lifestyle because it has no carbs and makes getting your veggies or salad scrumptious. I actually enjoyed my salad more than the main course (pork roast – a miss). I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :-) 


Have you ever been inspired by an ingredient?