Friday, August 19, 2011

Food throughout the week...

This week the best meals were Everyday Paleo Crab Cakes:



This is the second time I've made these crab cakes and they are so succulent and light! Definitely one of my favorite Primal/Paleo dinners. Sarah's cookbook has lots of great family recipes. My favorites so far: Meat candy (sausage stuffed dates wrapped in bacon), egg cupcakes, crab cakes, and better butter chicken.



Outside pictures just look so much better.








Pear Clafoutis from Elana's Pantry:



My husband ate most of this, I had a bite or two. It's very delicate, slightly sweet and mostly savory. Delicious with toasted pecans and some clotted cream (+ pinch of honey) on the side. This dessert definitely puts me in the mood for fall...



I also made "Meat Candy." Speaks for itself. You must try it if you haven't yet. Very simple to throw together: stuff dates with italian pork sausage and wrap in bacon. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Picture on left is not my own (though I wish it was) - I forgot to take snapshots...and now they are all gone. :o)

Very excited to go boating with family this weekend. I will be sure to get some snap shots so I can post progress pictures by Monday.

Krista