Thursday, October 20, 2011

Paleo rock(s).


How do you succeed? 
What makes you accountable? 
Who is your rock?

The past few weeks I haven’t been the best Primal role model, but I have learned something about myself. My husband is my rock when it comes to my health. 

There are many people out there that don’t want their spouses to comment on their bad choices: junk food, cigarettes, or alcohol and I’m included in that bunch. If he says anything about me having a brownie during my least favorite time of the month on how it isn’t Paleo…well, let’s just say he gets an earful. 

However, over the past few weeks he has had a sporadic schedule and hasn’t been home every night for dinner. This gives me the sole responsibility of making that decision to eat right. Eat Primal. It isn’t always that easy though. 

One of the nights I ate a pizza and loved every minute of it. I savored that pizza like it was my last. Now, it probably isn’t, but you get the idea. I felt HORRIBLE an hour later and didn’t sleep well that night – my body knows how to punish me. I don’t want a pizza for a long while.

Then I got mad at myself for giving in to a lousy pizza. How could I do that? Subject myself back to the carb cravings all over again. Needless to say I was very disappointed in my action. 

The carb cravings did come back and it has been difficult, but my rock has been around to make it easier.  He helps me to be accountable even when I don’t want to be and I appreciate him for it. 

Who grounds you and helps you to be a better person?

Krista