Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Primal Eats


Hi all-

Here is a general blueprint of my daily diet and workout for those interested.  Each line represents a different option (not in addition to the previous line) and goes in order of frequency = most often to least. 

Please note that I drink coffee with heavy cream every day, have a glass of wine 3-4x/week, and a variety of aged cheeses that strike my fancy 1-2x/week. Wait....what diet?

Menu
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Dessert
1-2 Eggs
Nothing (not hungry)
1 Egg & 1 slice of bacon or sausage
Salad*
Leftovers from dinner night before (meat/veg combo)
1-2 Eggs
Broiled Chicken w/veg*
Pork chops/loin w/veg
Fish (baked/smoked/ or broiled) w/veg
BBQ Ribs w/veg
Paleo Pudding – no joke
Strawberries/blueberries with sliced almonds and coconut milk
Piece of dark chocolate
Maple roasted pecans

*Salad: Mixed dark greens/spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and/or grilled chicken/tuna. Mix this option up a lot (different in season fruits and vegetables with balsamic vinaigrette). Yum!
*Veg: Whatever’s in season – broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, and kale.

Workout
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
15-30 min walk w/Gizmo
15-30 min walk w/Gizmo
20-30 min Circuit Training
15-30 min walk w/Gizmo
15-30 min walk w/Gizmo
20-30 min Circuit Training
15-30 min walk w/Gizmo

Rest/Play
30 min walk w/Gizmo
30 min Sprints

My workout schedule varies depending on how busy the week is, but above is what I try to stick to.  If not, everything shifts a day.

Status: I’m currently still at 134lbs according to the scale this morning (down 21lbs from peak weight). I’ll post a picture from my brother’s wedding last weekend so you can see for yourself as soon as my mother sends me them.

If you have comments or questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Krista