Friday, July 8, 2011

The Dining Out Challenge

Today is the first day that I will be dining out and eating Primal. Luckily we are going to a Burger joint that is known for using local products (meat and veg) and all I have to do is not get fries or eat the bun. Should be too bad – I’ll be feasting on the ‘Dundee’ burger: sautéed mushrooms, bacon, garlic aioli, and a fried egg. I’ll 86 the American cheese that comes with. 

Last night I began strengthening exercises. Pushups, lunges, squats, and planks - Need to add pull ups (gotta get the P90X pull up bar set up. I also ate fewer carbs yesterday to achieve:

50-100 grams/day – Primal Sweet Spot for EffortlessWeight Loss
Minimizes insulin production and ramps up fat metabolism. By meeting average daily protein requirements (.7 – 1 gram per pound of lean bodyweight formula), eating nutritious vegetables and fruits (easy to stay in 50-100 gram range, even with generous servings), and staying satisfied with delicious high fat foods (meat, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds), you can lose one to two pounds of body fat per week and then keep it off forever by eating in the maintenance range.


…and it worked. 142.8lbs this morning, which brings the total to 12.2lbs lost so far. My arms are looking more toned, my stomach has more definition, legs are more toned (skinny jeans slid right on), and I’ve noticed improvements in my skin (clearer).

 You will probably get tired of hearing it said here, but I don’t remember the last time I weighed this amount. Mostly because in college I didn’t use the scale much: I ate what I wanted, didn’t exercise, and relied on my age/metabolism to get me through unscathed. And it did, for a while. Once, and if, I hit the 130’s that puts me back at my high school weight - AMAZING.

 I will try to get some before and after pictures up sometime soon. The before pictures will not show much, because I avoided cameras and it was during winter. We don’t show much skin around here in Iowa when negative temperatures (that means below 0 degrees) are the usual. Stay tuned.

Krista